There are now many ways to get to Puerto Galera!
Private Transfer from Manila to Puerto Galera
Private transport is the quickest and most convenient way to reach us and can be arranged for any flights landing in Manila between 4:00am and 3:00pm. We are restricted by local coastguard from sending ferry boats across the channel after 5.00pm.
The journey takes place in an air conditioned mini van and a large wooden passenger boat. These vehicles are expertly maintained in good condition. One air con van is good for up to 6 people and luggage, the large wooden outrigger passenger boat is good for up to 24 people with their luggage. A round trip service costs P16,000 for up to 6 persons.
Our private transport service consists of a 1.5 -2 hour air-conditioned van journey from Ninoy Aquino International Airport to Berberabe Beach in Batangas on the South coast of Luzon followed by a 1hr 15min boat ride to Sabang Pier in Puerto Galera. Once landed on the quayside at Sabang, our driver will await you with your name on a sign board to bring you to Utopia Resort & Spa. Total journey time usually takes less than 3 hours.
Transfer from hotel or private residence in Manila:
- We can arrange private transport from any destination in Manila, Subic or Angeles to us in Palangan, Puerto Galera.The cost is dependent on exact location and time of pick up
- Just let us know when and where you wish to be picked up from.
- If you wish to be collected from a hotel in Manila we need the Hotel name, phone number & your room number
- From a private residence we need the full address, mobile telephone numbers, and if possible directions to assist the driver.
Transfer from the International Airport NAIA Terminal 1, Manila:
- Most international flights arrive at Terminal 1
- We need your flight number and arrival time as well as the number of people in the group, as well as Mobile tel Numbers
- After Customs control where they will take your Customs Declaration form from you, proceed across the hall to the outside. Here use the crossing to cross the road to the “Arrival Extension”. There are two signs A-L on the left and M-Z on the right. Go right down the ramp and wait at signpost “MNO”. The driver will find you there. If you have his number you may call him or he may call you. Please make sure when booking the hotel you give your mobile telephone numbers.
- Identify yourself and be prepared that at this stage you may have to leave the luggage trolley behind for a short walk to the car.
- Please note that NAIA direct transfers can only be arranged between 4am and 3pm, 7 days a week. You must be cleared from passport and customs control latest by 3pm to ensure we can get you on the boat to cross the channel before it is dark.
- If you are having any problems with your pick up at all, please call us at the resort on 043 287 3681 (Landline) or 0918 555 5720 (Cell phone) and we will do our best to help you resolve them quickly.
Arrival at NAIA Terminal 2 “Centenial”:
- The driver will pick the guest up from outside waiting area” Bay 18”.
Arrival at NAIA Terminal 3:
- he Driver will pick up the guest from outside waiting area at “Bay 8”..
Total Cost One Way from Manila to Utopia Resort for van and boat in Pesos:
|Boat only – one way (1-24 people)||P4,000|
|Van only – one way Manila Airport/Hotel to Batangas Pier(1-6 people)||P4,000|
|Seaplane (up to 3 pax one way)||approximately USD100 at this time , subject to change|
|Helicopter (up to 5 pax one-way)||approximately P45,000, subject to change|
* All return transport is arranged while you are here through the receptionist at the resort
Get to Puerto Galera with the SIKAT Bus & Ferry Service
This is an economical and fairly straightforward option if you don’t mind travelling by bus.
When coming from Manila, we recommend you arrive at the City State Tower by 8am in order to secure your tickets. There is only one SIKAT Bus per day!
When using the SIKAT service to go to Puerto Galera, you will purchase your ticket at City State Tower Hotel. Make sure you arrive with enough time before departure to ensure you get a ticket. Your terminal fees and environmental taxes will be paid to your escort on the bus and you will be escorted directly to the ferry waiting area in Batangas.
The Manila to Puerto Galera schedule is as follows:
8:30 AM – SIKAT Bus departs at City State Tower, Mabini St., Ermita, Manila
10:30 AM – Arrival in Batangas Pier
11:00 AM – Outrigger boat leaves for Puerto Galera
12:15 PM – Outrigger boat arrives in Sabang Beach. Utopia Resort & Spa van will pick you up from Sabang Pier. Please ensure you contact us as the boat departs Batangas pier to avoid any delays waiting for the van.
The Puerto Galera to Manila schedule is as follows:
9:00 AM – Outrigger boat leaves Sabang Beach for Batangas Pier
10:45 AM – SIKAT Bus leaves for Manila
1:15 PM – Arrival in Mabini St., Ermita, Manila
One-way journey takes 2 hours by bus and 1 hour by boat.
ADULT: One-way – P700.00, Round-trip – P1,400.00. (Any return ticket issued is open.)
CHILDREN: One-way – P350.00, Round-trip – P700.00. (Any return ticket issued is open.)
Times and prices are subject to change.
City State Tower Hotel on Google Maps
Print this map on Google Maps
Get to Puerto Galera by Seaplane
Arrive in Puerto Galera in style and enjoy incredible views of the region! The seaplane carries up to 8 guests, and fares range from P4500 – P5500. Only 30 minutes from Manila to Puerto Galera!
Manila – Puerto Galera:
Wed, Fri, Sun: 2:30pm | 3:00PM
Fri, Sat 8:30am | 9:00am
Puerto Galera – Manila
Wed, Fri, Sun: 3:20pm | 3:50PM
Fri, Sat 9:20am | 9:50am
For more information and bookings, please visit the Air Juan Website
How To Get Here – Self Drive Directions
Guests may drive to Berberabe Beach and be met by a private boat. Please review the self drive directions below for this option.
To Berberabe Beach:
From Manila, proceed south along the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX or South Superhighway). From the Makati EDSA flyover join the new STAR Tollway to Batangas. Follow the signs for Batangas. Zero your tripometer just after the Batangas Exit toll plaza.
At the Batangas Port exit, turn left towards Batangas City. After 3.0km keep right past the ‘Lions’ Monument and make the next left turn at 3.4km. Drive to the next intersection at 3.7km and turn left. Head straight until you see the sign for Lobo, SM Mall and the Shell refinery at 4.1km and turn right.
Follow the signs to SM Mall, Lobo and the Shell refinery, on the way you will cross a bridge at 5.1km and shortly after you will see the Pontefino Hotel. Before arriving at the hotel turn right at the Y intersection at 5.6km that will take you to the new SM Mall at 6.2km. Continue straight past the Mall, past the Shell station and keeping left, lookout for signs to the Shell refinery.
At 8.9km you will pass over a small bridge, and at 10.1km arrive at the Shell refinery. Continue along the winding road around the refinery. At 12.6km you will pass the flour mill (beware of the speed humps near the entrance gates), and at 13.8km take the small dirt road on the right immediately at the end of the Flour Mill fence (about 100 meters after the second speed bump). 200 metres down this road is Berberabe Beach.
Parking at Berberabe Beach is P50 per night in an open but locked area.
Google Earth files for your GPS
Open this file in Google Earth to see the route from Manila to Batangas Port or Berberabe Beach. Visit GPS Visualizer to convert the files to a format suitable for your GPS device.
Berberabe Beach on Google Maps
View Berberabe Beach in a larger map
Print this map on Google Maps.
To Self drive to Batangas Port, follow same instructions for “Berberabe” but at the Roundabout after Starway Tollgate payment go straight to Batangas Port. After six Speed control humps you will see directly infront of you the Port Entrance. The security will guide you and at the kiosk for payment of Port entry fee they will direct you where to either get a Roro to Baletero Port in Puerto Galera or you can park your vehicle and take an Outrigger. There are two Roro services, Aqua Real Shipping and Starlite Shipping as well as a passenger only fast craft service. More details can be provided upon request.
Batangas Port on Google Maps
View Batangas Port in a larger map
Print this map on Google Maps.